It’s been a bit quiet lately. Not because of lack of interest, on the contrary. I’ve been very busy. From a BI perspective, lots of things have changed. I focused more on the back-end side of things (database, ODI etc) and also had some time with other vendor’s tools. Let’s leave it at that… But first and foremost: I’ve been playing around with Oracle TRC. Translational Research Center. It’s a platform based on Oracle Software (Database, Weblogic, ODI and OBI) that supports researchers and doctors in diagnosing patients. It offers the possibility of combining clinical data with genomic data. Which is of course very useful and necessary when you want to aim for personalized treatments. There is nothing more personal than an individual’s DNA. Version 3.0 is out, so I’m figuring out what has changed. In the coming weeks, I’ll be installing and configuring TRC at a customer’s site and post progress here ! Regards, René
Today is my first day at the Rittman Mead BI Forum in Atlanta, GA.
My ‘Ignite-style’ presentation on Groups, Roles and Issues went pretty well. I think…
Great sessions, great insight from Oracle Corp and listening to Stewart Bryson (@stewartbryson) is always a good thing to do !
This years BI forum (#biforum) is open for registration!
All information on topics, speakers and locations can be found here:
In OBI 126.96.36.199, columns that are added afterwards to an analysis with existing (table-)views are automatically added to these views. This is the default behavior, where in 188.8.131.52, existing views needed to be edited to include the new columns. This can be changed under the Analysis Properties button: More >
Oracle released the 184.108.40.206 version of Oracle Business Intelligence Suite just this week. Although on a skiing holiday, I could not resist the urge to download it and install it. The Repository Creation Untility is still there. Please be sure to use the 220.127.116.11 version of the RCU as well ! After kicking off the installer and choosing the Simple Install option, everything is done for you. It’s smooth as silk. Unfortunately, the Internal Server Error page is still shown right after the initial startup. But F5-ing after a while shows the well-known login screen. Curious as I am, I wanted to check out the Sample Application. But unfortunately, I ended up with this error message: More >
Up until version 18.104.22.168, it was not possible to provide custom names for views.
Now we can ! :
Press the red-bracketed button and rename the view !
An update, as promised…
Over and over again, this issue is reproducable.
So get rid of underscores and numbers in Application Roles’ names and your life will be much more pleasant !
Thanks to everyone in my team (@bifacts, @bvdh80, Cindy and Marcel) for your valuable input in resolving this issue !
I’m writing this because I am facing a serious issue in OBI 11g (22.214.171.124) and I can’t seem to pinpoint the exact problem. I hope you can share your thoughts with me in order to come up with a solution. The situation is as follows: There seems to be a mismatch between the Application Roles assigned to a user and the way they are translated onto the ACL’s in the webcatalog. I use Weblogic’s default Authenticator. Users sit in a group and for every group, there is a corresponding Application Role.
For instance: More >
After spending some time on the Time Hierarchy in 126.96.36.199 I found it useful to mention that it now is possible to use the AGO function in the BMM layer whilst the underlying logical facttable has multiple sources on different grains.
What I mean is the following: